Binding the Shadows - Jenn Bennett

I'm really loving this series.  The magic system started out pretty simple int he first book but it's grown more complex and Cady's "moonchild" powers may turn out to be more of a curse than a blessing.  But where this series really shines for me is in the relationships.  I love Cady & Lon.  I love that there's no false drama and angst.  They talk to each other.  They don't always agree but they work it out.  Unlike so many other relationships in books it's one I could see working in real life.  Jupe continues to be all sorts of awesome.  He's one of the best teenage characters around.Family is front & center in this one as Lon's former in-laws come for a holiday visit.  It would be easy for them to have been the bad guys but they aren't.  Even Lon's ex wife isn't portrayed as one dimensionally evil, but as an addict who makes bad choices.  Her behavior isn't excused but she's more sympathetic than she could have been.  This one ends on a bit of a cliffhanger and with Cady & Lon facing more trouble than ever before.  I can't wait for the next one!