Red Velvet Revenge - Jenn McKinlay Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World: 75 Dairy-Free Recipes for Cupcakes that Rule - Isa Chandra Moskowitz, Terry Hope Romero, Sara Quin

Jenn McKinley is one of my favorite cozy mystery writers.  Her lead characters are likable, the secondary characters quirky enough to be interesting but not ridiculous and the mysteries are solid.  In this one Angie & Mel leave the cupcake shop for the rodeo and it's fun to see the gang on the road.

I was concerned at first that one of the people they meet at the rodeo looked to be turning into stock vegan character #3 (spoiled girl who doesn't understand how the real world works) so I was very happy when that got turned around a bit.  Also, vegan cupcakes are made, declared delicious and a recipe provided.  I'll definitely be trying it out and we'll see how it stacks up against my ultimate vegan cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World!  But enough about vegan cupcakes.

Relationship wise things finally seem to resolve for Angie and Mel & Joe continue to be a great couple.

[spoiler]

I was also surprised by the murderer and that person turns out to be very sympathetic.

[/spoiler]  Overall, I really enjoy this series and look forward to the next installment.